The broom has swept clean at Spetsstroy.
This morning’s ukaz from President Medvedev dismissed:
- General-Major Vasiliy Petrovich Bogomolov.
- General-Lieutenant Nikolay Vasilyevich Gulakov.
- General-Lieutenant Vladimir Vladimirovich Mirzoyev.
- General-Major Yuriy Fedorovich Onilov.
- General-Major Aleksandr Vasilyevich Khodos.
RIA Novosti indicated Khodos had been ex-Spetsstroy Chief Abroskin’s Chief Engineer. Bogomolov was his Deputy for Construction of Special Designation Facilities. And Mirzoyev was Deputy for Capital Construction and Industry. Specific duties for Onilov and Gulakov weren’t cited.
Other Russian media noted they followed others forced out before Abroskin was retired. Some accounts claimed they were connected to construction of “Putin’s palace” on the Black Sea.
In any event, ex-Deputy Defense Minister, now Spetsstroy Chief Grigoriy Naginskiy has wasted no time in getting a clean slate. And it’s pretty rare that the wheels of the cadre machinery turn rapidly. The whole operation must have been in the works for some time.