President Medvedev’s Armed Forces personnel decree from August 26 retitled the colonels who train conscript soldiers in various specializations, made Colonel Konashenkov chief of the Defense Ministry’s press-service, dismissed General-Major Khokh and relieved Colonel Chumakov (both blamed in the 102nd Arsenal explosion and fire), and dismissed General-Lieutenant Skokov who was allegedly one of several dissatisfied senior officers sent into retirement this summer. The latter seems a particular loss — Skokov had first-hand experience with army experiments in peacekeeping and contract service from his time in the Volga-Ural MD.
- Colonel Eduard Stanislavovich Zavarzin, Chief, 467th District Training Center for the Training of Junior Specialists, Western MD, relieved as Chief, 467th District Training Center for Training Junior Specialists (Tank Troops), Moscow MD.
- Colonel Igor Yevgenyevich Konashenkov, Chief, Press-Service and Information Directorate, RF Ministry of Defense.
- Colonel Vladimir Nikolayevich Lugovoy, Chief, 392nd District Training Center for Training of Junior Specialists, Eastern MD, relieved as Chief, 392nd District Training Center for Training Junior Specialists (Motorized Rifle Troops), Far East MD.
- Colonel Mikhail Yakovlevich Nosulev, Chief, 473rd District Training Center for the Training of Junior Specialists, Central MD, relieved as Chief, 473rd District Training Center for Training Junior Specialists (Motorized Rifle Troops), Volga-Ural MD.
- Colonel Oleg Valeryevich Karpov, Chief, Rear Support Directorate, Central MD.
- Colonel Leonid Vladimirovich Chumakov, Chief, Material-Technical Support Planning and Coordination Directorate, Central MD.
- Colonel Andrey Ivanovich Yankovskiy, Commander, 23rd Independent Motorized Rifle Brigade, 2nd Guards Army.
Relieve and dismiss from military service:
- General-Major Viktor Ivanovich Antonov, Deputy Chief of the Military Academy of Aerospace Defense named for Marshal of the Soviet Union G. K. Zhukov for Training and Scientific Work.
- General-Lieutenant Viktor Georgiyevich Bychkov, Chief, Air Forces Military Training-Scientific Center “Air Forces Academy named for Professor N. Ye. Zhukovskiy and Yu. A. Gagarin.”
- General-Major Vasiliy Andreyevich Dorogavtsev, Chief, Troop Training Directorate, Western MD.
- General-Lieutenant Sergey Ivanovich Skokov, Chief, Main Staff, First Deputy CINC, Ground Troops.
- General-Major Sergey Viktorovich Khokh, Chief, Technical Support Directorate, Central MD.
Dismiss from military service:
- General-Major Vyacheslav Mikhaylovich Proshkin.
- Rear-Admiral Aleksandr Gennadyevich Pushkarev.