President Medvedev’s decree on Armed Forces personnel from September 15. Now we know he won’t be signing out many more.
- Rear-Admiral Valeriy Ivanovich Miron, Deputy Commander for Material-Technical Support, Pacific Fleet, relieved as Chief, Military Training-Scientific Center of the Navy “Naval Academy” Branch (St. Petersburg-Petrodvorets).
- Colonel Andrey Vladimirovich Kuzmenko, Commander, 17th Guards Independent Motorized Rifle Brigade, North Caucasus MD.
- Mr. Nikolay Ivanovich Ludchenko, Chief, Military Academy of Rear Services and Transport Branch (St. Petersburg).
- Colonel Yevgeniy Viktorovich Tubol, Commander, 59th Independent Motorized Rifle Brigade, 5th Army.
- General-Major Sergey Valeryevich Chebotarev, Deputy Commander, 29th Army.
- Colonel Roman Valeryevich Sheremet, Commander, 8th Aerospace Defense (VKO) Brigade.
Dismiss from military service:
- Rear-Admiral Sergey Nikolayevich Barannikov.
- Vice-Admiral Fedor Savelyevich Smuglin.
Rossiyskaya gazeta covered these changes. Among other things, the paper noted Smuglin will head the external relations directorate of the Central Electoral Commission. This had already been reported by ITAR-TASS in mid-August.