A more detailed look at the MOD’s Defender’s Day promotees . . . .
General-Colonel Aleksandr Fomin is in charge of the MOD’s Main Directorate for International Military Cooperation (GU MVS) and the Directorate for Monitoring Treaty Fulfillment (National Nuclear Risk Reduction Center). He was director of FSVTS before coming to the MOD.
General-Lieutenant Lastochkin is Chief of Electronic Warfare for the RF Armed Forces. General-Lieutenant Trishunkin is Deputy CINC of the VKS for Material-Technical Support (MTO). General-Lieutenant Khristoforov is or was a duty general in the RF NTsUO.
Among the general-majors:
- Oleg Vladimirovskiy is a deputy chief of the NTsUO.
- Igor Griban is a deputy commander of VTA.
- Aleksey Ivanovskiy commands the 93rd Air Defense Division (Vladivostok).
- Boris Stepa commands the 53rd Air Defense Division (Yelizovo).
- Andrey Vinogradov is Chief of Engineering Troops, Eastern MD.
- Vladimir Koposov is Deputy Commander of the Pacific Fleet for MTO.
- Aleksey Kiyashko is chief of staff of MTO for the Northern Fleet.
- Dmitriy Yevmenenko is Chief, Tyumen Higher Military-Engineering Command School.
- Vitaliy Razgonov is Chief, Novosibirsk Higher Military Command School.
- Boris Novikov is a deputy chief of the Military Academy of Troop Air Defense.
- Sergey Yegorov is a deputy chief of the Mikhaylovskiy Military Artillery Academy.
The sole flag officer promotee — Rear-Admiral Ivan Dubik — is known as the naval hero of Russia’s five-day war with Georgia in August 2008. He was a captain third rank (LCDR) in command of the BSF’s Mirazh (Nanuchka III-class) missile corvette. It apparently sank a Georgian patrol boat with an SS-N-9 / Siren ASCM. His current posting is unclear.
In all, eight promotees could not be identified in a particular billet at present.